About Our Company
Vulcan began as a small sign manufacturer in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1935 and has continued growing for over 80 years. The first production facility was established in Foley, Alabama in 1968. Through the years many loyal customers, served by our dedicated employees (who own our company), have enabled us to accomplish the following:
- 1975 – Moved our metal stamping plant from Birmingham to a new plant in Foley.
- 1975 – Became the first Alabama Corporation to implement an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) giving ownership of our company to our employees.
- 1977 – Built our highway sign manufacturing plant to guarantee our customers the best quality screen-printing of durable signs, sign faces and decals.
- 1986 – Constructed a state-of-the-art, aluminum rolling mill, enabling us to produce aluminum coil and sheet for the signing industry as well as many other markets.
- 1996 & 1997 – Completed three exciting construction projects:
- Doubled the size of the sign manufacturing plant built in 1977.
- Constructed a new Technology Center to house Vulcan Traffic Management Services, our software development team and training facilities for our employees.
- Constructed a new plant dedicated to producing signs and related products for the utility industry.
- 1999 & 2000 – Expanded the aluminum rolling mill to add slitting, annealing and processing capabilities.
- 2006 & 2007 – Completed a multi-million dollar upgrade and modernization of the aluminum rolling mill including new technology for the electromagnetic pumping of molten aluminum.
- 2012 - 2016 – Multi-million dollar expansion to install two new melting furnaces and related equipment upgrades, doubling the capacity of our aluminum mill.
All of this is to ensure our customers the highest quality products available today. Vulcan is dedicated to the many markets we serve, and we aim to become your supplier of choice.
We sincerely thank those of you who have helped us achieve our success. We deeply appreciate your past business and promise to work hard to earn your future orders. If you have not tried Vulcan we would welcome the opportunity to add you to our growing list of loyal, satisfied customers. Give us a call - I think you will like what happens.
Tommy Lee, CEO of Vulcan, Inc. standing at top of new cooling tower located on aluminum mill expansion site.